Connecting to Scanner with WDPrintShare and Windows 10

I had posted previously about installing WDPrintShare in Windows 10 and I got that problem fixed and I can now print to my network printer.  but the scanner is not connecting ( it is a combination printer/scanner Canon MP160).  At first I thought this was because I did not have the correct printer driver.  That is the driver was only for printer and not for printer/scanner combination.  So  I marked that problem as solved, so far as WD was concerned.

But now I am having doubts.   I have tried several drivers now, I can print with all of them, but when I click on the blue SCAN button in WD PrintShare I get the same error message :

Please install the scanner driver before using the network scanner

I dont think all these drivers would call themselves MP160 drivers and not have the scanner functionality in them. (I could be wrong)

So is this error message telling me that I have to install a seperate scanner device in addition to the printer device ?  If so how do I do that in Windows 10 ?  When I go into settings and devices it gives me the choice of installing a printer, which I dont want to do, I have already done that.  Or it lets me install a "WIFI or Network"device.  But when I try that one all it seems to do is look for WIFI devices, and when it doesnt find any it gives help messages about how to find them.  It doesnt seem to deal with non-wifi network devices at all. 

Does any one know how to install a scanner device ?

Or am I on the wrong track ??

I dont remember having to install a scanner device in addition to a printer when I used WDPrintShare on Windows 7.

thanks

Robert

Hello there,

I went into your printer/scanner website to see the compatibility for the  drivers and there are not compatible drivers for Windows 10. Can you contact your printer support and check when/if this drivers will be available?

Note: I did a search for Canon MP160 might be wrong about the website.

lluna_polanco

thanks for the reply.  I had no success with Canon printer support.

But

I had a lot of other problems with things not working in Windows 10, not just this.  Plus, I just did not like the look and feel of it.

So I have gone back to Windows 7 and my printer/scanner/network problems are all solved.

Not sure what the answer is for those people who want to keep Windows 10.

Robert.