Connecting several hard drives to My Cloud Home

Hi,

I’ve just bought the new My Cloud Home and wonder if I might have bought the wrong thing.

I have two My Book hard drives, one for my back-up and one for my work files. I like the idea of accessing all my files via the network and keep my desk free of the big bulky drives. I want to connect both older drives to My Cloud Home and be able to access them as they are, so to say have three drives showing up on my desktop. Before I bought this I read that it is possible but now wonder if that article was related to My Cloud and not My Cloud Home. I don’t need anything fancy like image back up from all devices or connecting to TV. This is simply for storing, back-up and remotely accessing my work files. But when I connect the hard drives it only tells me to copy or back-up the files and no additional drives show up in my desktop app.

it is very confusing when searching for answers because it is not very clear what the difference is between My Cloud and My Cloud Home.

Does anyone have experience with both and can let me know if what I want to achieve is possible with My Cloud Home? Or should I exchange and go with My Cloud instead?

Thanks
Mel

Hi melba008,

You can have a look at these KBA’s:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19288

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18909&s=

Thank you.

I did have a look at the links before I posted this question and neither of them are explaining if what I want to achieve is possible or not with My Cloud Home or My Cloud. Hence my question to the community who might have experience with both devices.

It does say: „USB port (1x for single drive; 2x for dual drive) on the back of the drive, you can import data from external devices making it easy to centralize content scattered across“. But I don’t want to do that. I want to have my external devices simply show as separate mounted directories when connected. Is that possible with My Cloud?

Thanks,
Mel