Conflict between MyBook and Logitech Unifying

Hi, first, sorry for my english.

I have a little problem at boot with Windows 7. I have a mouse (trackball M570) with Unifying dongle, and a Western Digital My Book usb3.0 (but plug in usb2.0 port).

When i’m booting, if the drive is plug, the mouse don’t work in the desktop… but if I unplug the dungle, wait 15 seconds and plug again the dongle, the mouse is working again.

And if i’m booting without the drive plug, the mouse working right at the desktop. So I have a little conflict with Logitech and WD. But unplug/plug the dongle after the boot solve temporary the problem… but I don’t like that!

All my onboard usb driver, logitech driver, WD driver and firmware are updated… So what can be the problem? I’ve try to re-install Windows 7 and without any driver I got the same thing, right after the installation. Install all the driver don’t solve the problem.

What can it be? I’ve try to change the port of the Logitech dongle, same result. I’ve try to change dongle (I have 3 dongle here) and same problem. Change the port of my external drive don’t solve the problem.

I’ve return the product 2 times, this is my 3rd drive, always the same thing.

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

I recommend that you contact WD Support directly so they can troubleshoot this issue.

Rambytes wrote:

Hi, first, sorry for my english.

I have a little problem at boot with Windows 7. I have a mouse (trackball M570) with Unifying dongle, and a Western Digital My Book usb3.0 (but plug in usb2.0 port).

When i’m booting, if the drive is plug, the mouse don’t work in the desktop… but if I unplug the dungle, wait 15 seconds and plug again the dongle, the mouse is working again.

And if i’m booting without the drive plug, the mouse working right at the desktop. So I have a little conflict with Logitech and WD. But unplug/plug the dongle after the boot solve temporary the problem… but I don’t like that!

All my onboard usb driver, logitech driver, WD driver and firmware are updated… So what can be the problem? I’ve try to re-install Windows 7 and without any driver I got the same thing, right after the installation. Install all the driver don’t solve the problem.

What can it be? I’ve try to change the port of the Logitech dongle, same result. I’ve try to change dongle (I have 3 dongle here) and same problem. Change the port of my external drive don’t solve the problem.

I’ve return the product 2 times, this is my 3rd drive, always the same thing.

Thanks for the help!

Updating drivers and Windows won’t help because the boot and USB legacy priority is managed by your BIOS, not Windows.

What happens to you is normal and happens when USB legacy is enabled on some motherboards, and some of them don’t give the option to correct that. Check your BIOS to see if it enables you to turn off specific USB ports at start-up during booting to fix it, otherwise you’re out of luck because this changes based on metherboard and BIOS type.