Concept - X

UPDATE: 9-07-11

This is just a little project that I was working on for the Main Menu, for anyone that might be interested.  I’m not sure how much time I will get work on this, but I thought I’d share.

Just so that you know, you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) remake you album art to have round edges.  This theme will give your square edged album art the round edge look. Your best results will be (although not neseccary) is if you have your album art is perfectly square, something like 200x200 or 300x300.

This is for the small video thumbnail view.  This is just something that I was playing around with to see if I could get a “in the round” effect.  It will be in the next version when I get a few more things done, but it may not make it to the final cut, or I may leave as an extra option.  But I thought that since I took the time to create it I would share it for anyone that wanted to see the effect.  It is kind of cool, if I do say so myself, but it may not be very pratical.

Download:  Concept X

2 Likes

nice… you are on a mad tear arent you. Any screenshots of the rest of the theme or is it just the homescreen?

Hey drizz,

It’s just the main menu right now.  This is just a concept that I was working on to do something different with main menu to give it the illusion of transparence on the focused icon, and still keep the animation effect.

Bump for update.

what firmware do you use Tin?

It seems looking at your pictures you have a backdrop in the background and another one in the window, how do i get this to happen. I can get it to show the background one but all i can get in the window is what shows through from the background. I just upgraded to the latest firmware to see if this was the problem but still getting same thing. I also have the same problem on woodshop.

cheers

I’m using the latest firmware.  Copy the test folder to the HUB, then see if the videos in it will show up like the pic.

To make this work, you have to regenerate your moviesheets using the supplied TG template (Concept X_full_sheet), but I have supplied a test folder so that you can see if you like the effect first.

wow thats a nice one

very nice… Have an issue with music though. Have not checked your templates to see if ther is one for music yet. Just loaded to test with your test movie files and then checked music.

My music has album art embedded into the mp3. This is how it shows on my TV. Big giant white box in the middle of the album image. If I click on the album it shows the song list and the album cover in top left is accurate.

Yep, not finished yet.  I should have something for the music grid view in a couple of days, just keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

Ok. Wasn’t sure if music was done or not and this was something unique to me. Keep up the great work

Hi,

great theme and super work, but for me its to much time (and work) to great the xml’s, sheets, and pics for an

nice looking gui.

Best Regards

gerd 

Bump for Music Update.

SIMPLY AMAZING…

i think this is perhaps your best work to date…CONGRATS and THANKS

Thank e.d.,

When I start this I really didn’t have any idea as to what I wanted to do.  It was basically just to try something new with the main menu and I hadn’t really planned on going much further than that for now.  It’s just sort of evolved into this, now I think that I’ve bitten off more than I can chew because now I seem to have 3 theme in development at the same time.  So much to do.  :smileyvery-happy:

And now there’s this:

This is all that I have done on this, and it’s fairly rough, but I might try to get something like this done after I get these other themes done.   Or I might just turn it over to someone else if they want to take a crack at it.

Hey tinwarbl can you make a french menu on this theme
I would appreciate that a lot
Tanks.

Hey, zild8,

Yeah, I’ll see what I can do.  It may be a little while until I get to this though.

Allright
Thanks

Here’s just a little idea I was playing around with for the small video view.

Bump for update.  9-03-11

Bump for update 9-07-11.