Computer/Hub doesn't recognize extra space in external usb drive

Hello…

I just bought a WD Elements 2.5TB drive and plugged it into the back of my WD LiveHub but for some reason when I look at the space of the Hub, it doesn’t seem to recognize the extra drive attached.

I can put files and play files from usb_sync but when I try to load files now that my computer recognizes (really my microtorrent is the big issue here) is that it won’t write to my drive.

Has anyone else had this problem and how can I resolve it?

I’ve got the latest Firmware for my Hub.  Windows XP Pro.  Also going through my Linksys Router.

Thanks!!!

I heard this before…

someone suggested that 2.5 GB is too large for the system. I cannot confirm that.

What I would do is formatting the disk via USB connection on your computer if it doesn’t work what follows below.

I have 2x 2 GB HDDs for my Live Hub

they aren’t recognized when external hard drives are powered before the live hub, in order to have them recognized I need to unplug the external drives and plug them back in. If that works you could buy a remote controlled power plug, they cost about 6 USD and you don’t have to get up from the couch everytime when you launch your hub.

I am using a Logitech Harmony remote, that thing can control anything and i made it comfortable for me to turn them on individually when I need them, however those pwoer remotes are tiny and shouldn’t take much space.