Compatibility Issue: Western Digital My Passport Not Detected on HP Pavilion 360 Laptop

Hello everyone, I’m encountering a perplexing issue with my Western Digital My Passport portable hard disk. It’s behaving inconsistently when connected to different laptops. Specifically, when plugged into my HP Pavilion 360, it powers up but remains undetectable, with the USB driver showing an exclamation mark in the device manager. Strangely, when connected to a Dell laptop, it’s detected and accessible without any problems.

I reached out to HP support, and they suggested that there might be compatibility issues between the WD Passport and HP laptops, advising me to download necessary drivers or contact WD directly. I followed their advice, downloaded the drivers mentioned on the website, and restarted the laptop, but unfortunately, I’m still facing the same issue.

Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this compatibility issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Hi @kaziusman
Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting: