Comedy Time

Wow… could this content get ANY more low-rent???  

And that Ford commercial runs after seemingly EVERY button press?!?!

Really??  

Content/Service fail, WD… sorry…  Ya couldn’t fix the hubs audio interface instead?  

It is indeed annoying…

Between the “services” that are not available in my country… and the ones that offer content I don’t want… and the ones that offer lousy version of the content I would consume… 

I really wish I could PICK and CHOSE what Icons to show in the services tab…

Netflix… Youtube… and maybe the streaming radio one… That’d be ALL my tab had…

Am I missing something… is there content on the others that doesn’t totally saaawwwk?   

You can do this… I think its in the parental options if my memory serves…

I don’t see any such option anywhere I’m looking

Can you be more specific please?    

I’m doing this off memory so I might be slightly off in these instructions…

Go to Settings… than select System…

Under there there should be an option for Security. Select that and create a password (Use something simple like “abc” so you can remeber it next time you want to enable/disable services). Once created you’ll have several options… one should be parental controls or something similar. Select that and select Services. It will give you a list of all the services on the device. Select the service you want to hide and change it to “hide” (the other options will be “Show” and “Ask”). the service will no longer show up in the list.

1 Like

That helps… 

A more successful solution would still be better content however  

Thanks! 

They’ve been adding services like madmen lately. When the Hub first launched it had like 4 services on it… now theres like 15 of them.

12 or 13 of which I will never use… YMMV

I’d much rather see them fix the lousy audio-player interface than offer me services I’m not going to use

1 Like

With all those services now offered on the Live Hub, WD now have a nice cash cow. I would say it is about time they hire real coders to fix the FW. There are way too many bugs that have been ignored for 3 or 4 FW upgrades. I proposed back in September that a Beta testing tread be started so that upcoming FW update be tested before being issued to the general pubic but my idea suggestion is still listed as new http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Ideas/Beta-testing-of-new-firmware/idi-p/250566. It has been said many times that some bugs introduced in new FW could have been prevented if proper testing would have been done. Come on MOD, I can’t understand what would be so bad to be able to help in releasing nearly bugs free FW. And I concur with Clinton, the audio-player interface need a facelift as well.

Given that Seagate recently won $525MIL from their lawsuit against WD, WD is likely scrambling to generate a cash cow… 

There are LOTS of suggestions that go un-replied to… It seems like if it’s not some cosmetic issue (Like how menus look, or getting uselss (YMMV) things like icons, or trailers for your movies, nobody pays any attention)

I would likely take part in beta testing new FW (especially if it meant getting occasional rewards from WD)  

I think the audio player interface needs a LOT more than a facelift… It needs a whole new head.