Cloud Access status `failed` for no real reason

Here is one for yuu lot and I don’t wish to perform a systemn restore of any time as this issue returns a number of days after a system restore.

All associated MyCloud apps keep on working when this condition occurs, but the Dl4100 loses contact with WD’s MyCloud service.  Like not possiublke to generate an access code.

Cloud access status .png

PC and mobile MyCloud apps that are already authorised on the DL4100 continue to operate.

Gotta repeat this.  Performig a system restore only lets it work for several days and then it goes back to this faulty state.

Does anyone know how to fully reset the MyCloud functionality without performing any sort of System Restore?

Firmware: 1.06.118

I can’t connect anymore now either

Save your settings, do system reset, import your settings, connect.

Happened to me 3 times already. But I was changing Internet provider and also playing with my router settings, so I guessed it was because of that.

Hello,

The next time you have “connection failed”, open a console or prompt from any PC or ssh into the NAS and run ping and traceroute to wd2go.com and check the results.  Still failing?? contact support and ensure to provide the logs from the system

who is holyhouse ?

Tracing route to wd2go.com [129.253.8.107]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    29 ms    30 ms    31 ms  h188.8.213.151.static.ip.windstream.net [151.213
.8.188]
  3    30 ms    29 ms    29 ms  h86.35.130.40.static.ip.windstream.net [40.130.3
5.86]
  4    33 ms    34 ms    33 ms  h166.35.130.40.static.ip.windstream.net [40.130.
35.166]
  5    33 ms    34 ms    33 ms  h216.25.39.162.static.ip.windstream.net [162.39.
25.216]
  6    44 ms    45 ms    44 ms  h239.35.130.40.static.ip.windstream.net [40.130.
35.239]
  7    44 ms    45 ms    45 ms  ae-35.r06.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.20
7.21]
  8    44 ms    45 ms    45 ms  ae-3.r23.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.1
0]
  9   105 ms   113 ms   106 ms  ae-10.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.
237]
 10   108 ms   107 ms   107 ms  ae-23.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.
4]
 11   108 ms   107 ms   107 ms  ae-2.r01.mlpsca01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.8.1
34]
 12   104 ms   106 ms   105 ms  mg-2.a01.mlpsca01.us.da.verio.net [129.250.25.19
5]
 13   104 ms   104 ms   102 ms  holyhouse.infoblox.com [128.242.99.222]
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16   106 ms   107 ms   107 ms  129.253.8.107

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The problem is over time, this would be the fourth time I would have to perform a system only reset. From experience the MyCloud access will work again for an interminate duration of time and the same problem to return.  :frowning:

foetus wrote:

Save your settings, do system reset, import your settings, connect.

Happened to me 3 times already. But I was changing Internet provider and also playing with my router settings, so I guessed it was because of that.

I havn´t had problems within last two months, even when I had experienced Internet loss from provider. 

I have 2 weeks trip comming, to Italy, so I will see what happens.

You never have problems.  I think you must have had some kind of wd2go account prior to this beta.

I did not.  I don’t think the dl4100 users are geting provisioned properly.  Mine does not work

IP-Address of wd2go.com is correct, DNS resultion works

This issue can be caused due to several reasons:

• in general My Cloud OS on the NAS will establish the connection to the cloud servers automatically from inside your network, so you don’t need to set any port forwarding in your router.

• if you have changed from automatic to manual within Settings → Cloud → Configuration, then you have to open ports in your router.

Your screenshot shows the state, that the DL cannot reach its cloud server. This can be caused by the router or any other machine, controlling your internet access (like a firewall or whatever). 

Please check if the connection method of the cloud connection type in Settings is set to “automatic”. After losing the connection, the My Cloud OS tries to reestablish the connection within the next two minutes - this is an endless circle, so stay tuned. If the My Cloud OS stil states “conenction failed” than another device blocks the DL from internet.

BTW: holyhouse is a gatekeeper.

So just what on my network would block the DL? Auto fails, and even if I do manual and forward ports which I know how to do it fails.  I have 30 plus systems on my network all happily talking to the internet.

The problem is the backend at wd2go does not talk to our dl4100’s properly. Foetus and those that work had wd2go accounts prior to the dl4100.  I think accounts that got setup with our beta units are sitting somewhere lost or forgotten.

I guess I need to reload my box with a different email addy

what do you think this means?

code.PNG

Yep. Looks like you hre having the same issues I am having so it’s not just my DL NAS. I think I know the workaround without having to endure yet another system only reset.  I think it’s very possible to only factory default the orion communications modiule within the NAS’s firmware which and then re-establish MyCloud connection between devices.

I have a feeling this lies somewhere on or after this script:  /usr/local/modules/script/load_default

I’m searching how to do this, but if someone from WD would lust love to give some advise on how to do this?

What’s even wierder is that the log shows that the orion communications module can not establish a VPN connection, yet my the Android MyClouud app can still access the DL4100 and exchange data without problems, but I can’t add any other devices.

Gramps, I think you’ll find you can’t erase that invalid entry.

So, if I’m getting this malfunction and you’re getting this malfunction then what’s the betting that 1st level technical support are getting quite a few calls about MyCloud.com (wd2go.com) access not working?

I beleive resetting the orion communications module to default would work. Having to re-authorise MyCloud apps would be a minor inconvenience.

So, any WD staff watching this discussion…  Anyone got any words of wisdom?  :slight_smile:

Gramps wrote:

what do you think this means?

code.PNG

Well I did a reset with a new addy and I have cloud access for 2 hours so far

Exactly what sort of reset?  Did you only change the NAS’s local IP address?

no the system reset dashboard>settings>utilities>restore to default system only

then on first login I provided a new/different email addy to establish the cloud connection from the one I used at first/beta

Ah. I know that works. Did it two times, I bel;ieve. If I was to do the same then it would be the third time.  I’ve come to the conclusion that after a system only restore after a undetemrined abount of time it’ll fail again.

Gramps wrote:

no the system reset dashboard>settings>utilities>restore to default system only

then on first login I provided a new/different email addy to establish the cloud connection from the one I used at first/beta

Guys,

If your units ran beta code at one time, then you registered the user name to the beta server and not wd2go.com

If memory serves me correct

* login to the WebUI

* delete the created user (not admin)

* set admin back to defaults with no email address and ensure he has the check by the name

* ssh into the unit

* rm /etc/.eula_accepted

* run this command to point your machine to the production server

wd2go.sh -p

* Reboot

* Login to the WebUI

* Leave admin without an email address but assign a password

* Create a normal user with email address which should register with wd2go.com

* All should be OK now

OH! and you’ll get that activation code error in the UI if you cannot ping and resolve wd2go.com.

Like I said earlier I restored to defaults and on first boot “registered” a new email addy for Admin and it is working for 2 days now.

What you say to first boot with no email goes against what the page tells us.

I can ping wd2go.com from a PC.  Are you saying that something breaks in the DL for name resolution over time?

If I take a look at your screenshots, the timestamp is completely wrong. Either you have set the time for a parallel univers or your NTP Network time protocol cannot reach the NTP servers.

Have you set the NAS to a Static IP address? Have you set the gateway and the DNS ip addresses too?

You wrote “I can ping wd2go.com from a PC”. Have you tried to ping wd2go.com from within the SSH-console of the NAS too?

Pining any IP from another machine than the one having problems is not a solution.