Cloud Access failing?

Hello.

We have an office in Brazil who use a Western Digital My Passport 0820. One of the user’s can usually access all the files on this 2 TB drive from his phone. Now he can’t.

I logged into the Admin Portal and went to Settings > General
Remote access is set to “On” (it was off when I first connected). I expected this to fix the issue but now it hangs on “Retrieving information…”

Sometimes it will just fail as well. I Googled how to fix and someone said turn off the Remote access option, turn off NTP service, reboot and turn both back on.

I did this and the Cloud Remote access did say connected for a while but then it just failed a few minutes later.

I made a SSH connection to the device and I can ping from it with no issues.

I don’t know what this WD device is trying to connect to exactly though when the Remote access is on.

I’ve rebooted several times with no luck. I read somewhere that you can go to Settings > Utilities and then do a “System Only” restore. I understand this will leave all the data intact but change all shares from private to public, remove admin password, and put all device settings back to default.

I am concerned about the networking though. I have already saved the Config file ahead of time.

If I do a System only reset, Will I still be able to access this device on the IP address I’ve been using (http://10.84.0.51/UI/)

As I am trying to troubleshoot this remotely I can’t lose connection to it.

I also read somewhere that you can try and set the Network mode from DHCP to Static. I could put in all the IP information manually but I don’t know why that would make a difference.

It could also be the Firewall I suppose. We have a Zyxel in place. If I knew what could potentially be blocked while this WD device is trying to contact the cloud I could put a rule in place.

Any ideas on the best course for troubleshooting this issue?

Apparently there is an Outage according to the WD tech agent I spoke to.

@tmalek Where are you located? Have you checked the Router for the IP address? This is not the sub-forum for your device.

Scotland, UK.

Didn’t realize it was the wrong sub-forum. I don’t even know the type of device this is. Some kind of NAS but the web admin page only mentions the hard drive that’s connected. I’ll be following up with WD tomorrow to see if there’s any updates on the outage.