Clear media library doesn't

I have over 250 video files on my WD TV Live Hub 2TB and I have gone to great lengths to learn the .xml formats for movies and TV so I can modify them to my preferences. The problem I’m running into is that when I change the thumbnails and/or .xml files and clear the media library, my changes, especially to the thumbnails I prefer, are not picked up when the media library rebuilds. I have tried restarting the device before and after clearing the media library and that doesn’t work. The closest I’ve come to getting it to do what I want is to reset the device. I’m reticent to reset the device as I’m not sure what information I will lose in the process.

I have the latest firmware installed on my device.

Hi twopennygal, it might be possible for more users to assist after examining the XML information file for discrepancies.

Did you delet .wd folders from HDDs?

Did you renamed jpeg files to metathumb?

Try this, turn media library off, clear media library, delete .wd folders from HDDs (access from your PC - windows explorer), turn on media library.

just wan tell u all… my video (MOVIE) missing during & after tranfer…why??? and can i get back my video (MOVIE)

shamie78 wrote:

just wan tell u all… my video (MOVIE) missing during & after tranfer…why??? and can i get back my video (MOVIE)

Try turning off the Media Library, then Clear Media Library, then unplug the Hub from the wall and wait 10 seconds or so, plug it back in,turn it back on, then turn the media library back on. You should see it start updating so just wait for it to finish it might take a while if you have a lot of media on your drive. Don’t worry it won’t delete your files. It refreshes the media library index. This is why I don’t use it.