CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! - WD MyCloud Home No Access

Hundreds of people on here have issues with their WD My Cloud Home. All of us bought a backup unit which is not inaccessible. The unit works…Then it doesn’t. There seems to be no solution here for this and now with more than 8 hours on with your customer support, nothing.
They act like the Master Tech is going to solve it, nothing.
Now they are saying “Engineering” is getting involved. NOTHING!

These units are JUNK

#NEVER BUY A WD MY CLOUD HOME

We need to ban together and go ofter these guys. When we store critical data on a Cloud Storage for the purposes of “Keeping it Safe” like all the marketing and advertising states, as well as the units manuals and more…This is FRAUD!

Reply and let’s get the ball rolling. I am thinking a billion is worth it. Who can put a value on the critical data and pictures or more that can never be replaced.

You seem to be a day late and a dollar short. The last class action against WDC involving their storage device was settled and the deadline to file a claim was in November of 2021. Many of these EFAX SMR drives are in the My Cloud Home. Spend a little effort searching the forum and researching the device before you purchase would have saved you a lot of time and trouble.

The Settlement Class includes all persons in the United States (including its states, districts or territories) who purchased a WD Red NAS Drive using Shingled Magnetic Recording (“SMR”) technology between October 2018 and July 21, 2021. The specific hard drive models are: WD20EFAX (2TB capacity), WD30EFAX (3TB capacity), WD40EFAX (4TB capacity), and WD60EFAX (6TB capacity) hard drives.

Hi Every one, I have same problem about WD Cloud Home offline that is not access problem too. I would like to involve this class action lawsuit because I lost lots of data that including my engineer design projects and my client data. Try to ask WD support, but it seems no solution for it. I also search online that including WD support. The result is fail. No any resolution about this issue.

If you have any those kind of problem issue or file class action lawsuit to WD. Please let me know ASAP. I will support & involve it because it seems WD have ignoring and can not fix this problem. All of us purchase this product as junk,and lost all your important data, and wasting time for it.

Best regards

Hi Everyone, I have same problem about WD Cloud Home offline that is not access problem too. I would like to involve this class action lawsuit because I lost lots of data that including my engineer design projects and my client data. Try to ask WD support, but it seems no solution for it. I also search online that including WD support. The result is fail. No any resolution about this issue.

If you have any those kind of problem issue or file class action lawsuit to WD. Please let me know ASAP. I will support & involve it because it seems WD have ignoring and can not fix this problem. All of us purchase this product as junk,and lost all your important data, and wasting time for it.

Best regards

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.

I recently attached a My Cloud Home Duo to my home, private network. On the same network is my personal PC running Windows 10. Also on the same network is a My Cloud Mirror.

My My Cloud Home Duo is mapped to W:

I can see the file folders (such as W:\Shared Music\Aaron Lewis) but I cannot see the mp3 or m4a files like I can see them on my My Cloud Mirror.

HELP!!!
Mike