Chapters

Good morning, i have bought recently a WD TV LIVE and i´m very satisfied with it, but i think there are a few things that i don´t know, such as:

1 - is it possible to have chapters in just one file (avi,mp4,mkv,…), because if, for some reason the WD TV LIVE goes off we have to press forward until it reaches to the desired point, if it isn´t possible,at least it should have a search key to go directly to a desired point in time.

2 - i have a wifi dongle from EMTEC model WI300, and checked the list of wifi dongle from WD site and there isn´t this brand or model, would it be possible to recognize it in the future?

3 - i have my WD TV Live connected to the internet, is it possible to have something like a browser installed to go to a specified site?

By the way i´m from Portugal

best regards

Mikmik

1>  Yes, chapter support is included with MKVs.   I am not sure about MP4.   I don’t think there is such a thing as chapters in AVI.

2>  Possible?  Yes.   Likely?   Doubt it…

3>  No.

1. Try your adaptor, it might work.

mikmik wrote:
for some reason the WD TV LIVE goes off we have to press forward until it reaches to the desired point, if it isn´t possible,at least it should have a search key to go directly to a desired point in time.

You can’t do that. Only 10 min jumps by pressing NEXT while FF.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I don’t think there is such a thing as chapters in AVI.

Correct, only in .divx.