Changing the language of the software

Hi everyone,

I have recently arrived in Japan for my studies. I plan go buy a WD My Passport Essential (USB 2.0 & 3.0) drive. But before purchasing the shopkeeper told me that the software of the drive is in Japanese however the drive itself is compatible with Vista 64-bit (English version).

Now I am confused regarding two things.

1- The drive software is in Japanese, will it really be able to work with my laptop which is currently running Vista 64-bit in English.

2- Can I replace the software in Japanese with the software in English. Probably for doing this I will have to completely format the drive i.e… Delete all the pre-installed data on the drive and then download and install the software in English. Is this really possible?

Your comments and suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated.

The software will install on the language on the OS running. The current languages that are supported by WD SmartWare are German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully that willl work. So i will purchase that now and will return back with the result.

Thak you Wizer.

I’ve purchased it today and its working fine.

I’m glad it worked, Welcome to the community.