Changes to folder structure no longer being detected by other programs

Hey y’all,

So a few weeks back I noted that programs on Windows (e.g. OneDrive) and on my Nvidia Shield (e.g. Plex) no longer detect changes to the folder structures on my WDMYCloud. Surfing the Plex forums, I came to know of inotify and possibly a limitation to the number of folders that it can monitor and pass on to a other devices.
In response I moved most of my music to the Shield directly to try and limit the number of folders on the NAS to no effect. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi @blackzw,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Support was totally useless, after days of waiting didn’t have any solutions. Have been scouring Plex support for information on inotify, found this info. Anyone know how to tailor for WDMyCloud?

So, the solution, bandaid one… Delete folders down to the threshold, once the number is reduced, folder monitoring is restored… WD Support is very disappointing @Keerti_01 a novice user with Linux such as myself shouldn’t be more knowledgeable that a person who gets paid to solve problems. Unacceptable…