Change SSH user and password

hi,

I have MyCloud 2 Gen and d like to know is there a way to change the user and the password of SSH access? I enabled SSH months ago to try to shut down the unit, so the User now is “sshd”. The password I dont remember, I dont remember did I get any prompt/option to set up or change the default password to my personal.
Was there no “configure” option next to the SSH enable/disable button in the Dashboard? Sorry , I can not login in the dashboard now…

thanks

40 second reset will fix everything back to default, including login name and pw

well reset will erease everything, it is too drastic solution.

I though to change it via SSH commands I read. Or maybe this:

Can one remember when setting SSH access for the first time can one configure its own password… there was something, but I can not remember and can not try it now.

well reset will erease everything,

A 4-second reset will only clear your admin password and revert to DHCP.

A 40-second reset will clear user accounts, including admin, reverting admin name to ‘admin’.

Neither reset will erase user data.

The effect of the two resets, and the two factory restores, is described in the User Manual.

is there no “configure” option next to the SSH enable/disable button in the Dashboard?

Changing “admin” passwd via ssh would not work for me. No idea why.
What did work was deleting the password: “passwd -d admin”
This allows you to login to the admin panel without a password.
The permissions on login and for all shares is really screwed up. I wish they would fix things.