Can't sign in to My Cloud Home

On my Mac and ipad I can access My Cloud Home but it’s vanished from my Windows 10 laptop (it’s been working for months). When I sign in it emails me a six digit 2FA code. When I enter the code I get the Oops something went wrong message. Tried it repeatedly but nothing works. It used to be visible in Windows Finder, but now it isn’t. I can see MYCLOUD-serialnumber on the network but I’m denied access.
Any solutions in words I’m likely to understand?

There is nothing so technical about this, DontBeSoTechnical.

The WD webapp (the app that runs in the browser) needs a tracking cookie to know your identity to allow verification of who you are, but something in your browser is blocking the cookie or breaking it, so you can’t be identified, so you get the ‘Oops’ message.

The solution is

• Try to use a different default browser. Install and use another browser.
  • If this happens on a mobile platform (Android, iOS), delete the WD My Cloud Home app and reinstall it, even if it is the same version.
  • Try to find out what is breaking the tracking in your browser such as a cookie blocking extension and disable it.
  • Try a different cloud storage if you think this too technical.

Reference for OS5, but this My Cloud Home (OS4) works similarly:

Cheers
Google Chrome lets me in without a password, Bing lets me in with a password and doesn’t ask for 2FA
Firefox asks for 2FA, then says 'Oops!"
Safari doesn’t even try
Now do I get MyCloud Home to show as an external drive in Finder? It used to until recently.

I can sign in to MY Cloud Home in Win 10 and on my Android phone. I get the same OOPS message on my Android tablet which is not helpful. I will try the tips provided and hope for success.

This works with other apps, not tried with MCH Android apk

Long-click on the app's icon; select "App info"
Click "Force Stop"
Select "Storage & Cache"; then click "Clear cache" followed by "Clear storage".
Optionally, Uninstall the app, then reinstall.

Hi, for me this does not work. I have 2 clouds connected and one works perfectly and the other one does not connect (it shows in grey) even after app renewal. Any other suppgestions?

You have a different problem that does not involved signing into the app.

What you are describing is a secondary My Cloud (or is it My Cloud Home? they are different devices with different OS) that does not connect to the app and could not be reached by internet.

Please file a ticket with WD support and or start a new thread with a better description of your set up.

Hello and thanks for the answer.

I have 2 home clouds that are completely independent. I just mentioned the second one to say that the system works.

So the one that is not working is not accessible via apple devices, IOS or computer. I have spotted that the led is permanent and not blinking upon setup. Disconnecting and Connecting multiple times did not help.

Hope that info drills it down a little bit.

Thanks but no luck.

Google likely has detected a different identity on the Android tablet, perhaps someone has used a different ID as the Playstore ID. Try to delete the second ID and or add the ID used to authenticate the MCH onto the Playstore.

Google makes its living tracking and selling your data and there must be a dozen ways it does this which you don’t know about. If this doesn’t work, consider backup and then reset the Android tablet and start over.