Can't sign in on desktop app

Just got my My Cloud home today, I have set it up on my phone and can access it no problem via the app. I can also access it though the Web app.

However when I downloaded the desktop app and go to sign in it just keeps the sign in wheel spinning and nothing happens.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

1 Like

macOS or Windows?

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 for me and been having the same exact problem for the last ~24 hours. Iā€™ve had this drive for 9 months or so and never had this problem. It feels like something new.

Iā€™ve rebooted. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried different wifi networks. Reset password (multiple times now) and confirmed I can login fine on the iOS app and web, but the desktop app just keeps spinning after entering the password and hitting ā€œSign Inā€.

Is it authorised in the security and privacy preference panel?

Yes.

Ok, so Iā€™m not sure if this was an issue on the WD side and it got fixed in the last 20 minutes or if what I did worked, but here is what I did in the last 2 minutes. I first tried uninstalling using the WD Discovery Uninstaller (again), but I noticed that after doing this and received confirmation that it had completed, spotlight still showed it was installed.

So I opened my trusty old CleanMyMacX (:star::star::star::star::star:) and used the shredder to properly uninstall ALL of the WD files, helpers, etc. Then I downloaded the latest installer (again) and reinstalled it. Logged in, and it spun for a bit but eventually worked.

So, ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Ok. Never mind. Now when I try to login, it tells me ā€œLogin service unavailableā€ in red text under the Password line.

1 Like

Same problem here. Cannot log in today using WD Discovery.

However, itā€™s not showing anything on their Status page.

1 Like

Same here!
Canā€™t login in the WD Discovery app nor in the browser!
I really need to access my files. All my work is there!
How can we report this problem?

Same Problem hereā€¦ come on WD fix your authentication servers

Looks like the system is back on.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s back up. Maybe someone had unplugged it to plug in the toaster. :wink:

1 Like

My desktop icon disappeared yesterday and I canā€™t log in through the app (it just spins endlessly). Tried reinstalling the app, turned everything off and on several times, did the unfolded paperclip in the back of the box thing, checked all my settings on my computer (iMac running Mojave) as described on the relevant WD support page. I can log in on home dot mycloud dot com and can see the Plex folders and the files in them, but if I use the link through the app (files dot mycloud dot com) it says my email address isnā€™t associated with a mycloud account. Not happy.

1 Like

Update to the WD Discovery app has put everything back to normal. At last!