Can't see .MOV files in the 'Photos' folder of WDTV Live

I have all my photos and home videos (.MOV files), chunked together in the same photo shared folder on a Synology DS212j NAS drive.

The ‘Photos’ section of the WDTV Live, connected by Media Server, finds all the photos but none of the.MOV video files.

Is the photos section on WDTV live stopping me seeing the video files? ie filtered out.  Is there a way of seeing them or do I need to move all the video files into a ‘Video’ shared folder on the NAS drive and access through the ‘Video’ section of WDTV Live.

BTW. I never considered myself a techie noob until trying to set up a new NAS drive and WDTV live at the same time!

swilli38 wrote:

Is the photos section on WDTV live stopping me seeing the video files? ie filtered out.  Is there a way of seeing them or do I need to move all the video files into a ‘Video’ shared folder on the NAS drive and access through the ‘Video’ section of WDTV Live.

Of course.

In order to see all supported media at the same time, you need to use the FILES tab.   

BTW, you should be able to access them via the VIDEOS section right now without doing anything else, assuming your Media Server is categorizing the content correctly…

1 Like

Good - thanks for confirming. I see photos in the photo library; movies in the movies library and everything in the Files tab.

Only problem now is that the darn thing is permanently media compiling. I’ll try some of the ideas on the site but it seems to be getting there…