Can't Login to MyBook Dashboard

I have been using The My Book device for several years now; but when I try to login to the dashboard using the owner password; I get a “invalid password” prompt. I have the password written down. And I can access the drive via Windows Explorer (I have mapped some drives to folders).

Is there a way I reset or retrieve the password? Hopefully I won’t have to lose my date to reset.

Thank you.

Hello,

In order to better assist you, could you provide more details regarding the model of the drive you are using?

I can not determine the model of the drive as I can not login to get that information. It is a black box slender in size. My Book Live. Here is a screen shot of the login screen.

Data is still being backed up and I can access the drive and retrieve files. Just can’t login to the dashboard and administer the drive (create new ID; file folders, etc).

Thanks for your help in advance.

RJ Jones

Hello - I am having the exact same problem. Can access files with MS Explorer, but cannot access dashboard when entering the password that I have written down AND been using since setting up device 3+ yrs ago.

Model # WDBACG0030HCH-NESN

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Please answer this topic anyone.