Can't get Acronis WD Edition to clone to my new WD Blue SSD drive

I am trying to clone my existing 500GB laptop drive to a new WD SSD Blue 500GB using Acronis True Image WD Edition that was downloaded from the WD site.

The WD SSD Dashboard can see my USB-attached WD SSD Blue 500GB.

However, when I try to run the Acronis WD Edition software it says “Acronis True Image WD Edition Installation Restricted - This product edition requires at least one Western Digital drive to be installed in your system”

How do I fix this?

UPDATE 1 :
I have temporarily bypassed this problem by plugging in one of my other WD external USB hard drives.

The Acronis software appears to be loading. Stay tuned…

UPDATE 2:
I can now get through the source and destination disk selection process in Acronis. The cloning screen starts up and then I get a “You Must Reboot Computer to continue” message.
When I do that (3 times so far) It just reboots the computer. The Acronis cloning procedure does not restart. A check in Task Manager confirms that no Acronis process is running.

I’m stuck…

UPDATE 3:
I finally gave up on Aronis.
I finally got it working by using the free edition of EaseUS ToDo Backup.
It didn’t work for me the first time because I didn’t read the instructions and I didn’t check the Advanced Settings (or something like that) and made sure that “Sector by sector clone” and “Optimize for SSD” boxes were checked.
Once I did that, the clone worked out fine, although it seemed to take forever, like 3 hours.

I can’t recall the last time I used Acronis, but if I remember right its supposed to reboot you into a special boot mode.

I wish it did.
It just reboots with no Acronis processes running.

Hello All, I have cloned my C: with Acronis from WD 500Gb to new WD Blue SSD 250Gb drive.
The files match up and data space is the same but when I try the SSD as Master it gets to POST then stops.
Does anyone have a cure or fix for this problem.
Thanks in anticipation.
Colin

This thread is old but I just called tech support and got an answer to the problem. Hope this helps someone else.

My new WD Blue SSD is connected via a USB cable and I am wanting to clone a brand new laptop. I was also getting the Acronis error regarding not finding a WD attached.

Tech support told me to download the following file and then “run the .exe file 3-4 times”. I was told there would be no install or progress notifications but that a window would flash each time. After the window flashes then run it again. After that run the Acronis install file again and it should now find the WD drive and allow you to proceed. It worked for me.

http://dl2.acronis.com/u/oem/WD/32/gen_workaround_wd_32.exe

This is the solution that has worked for me! Thank you!

I can’t believe that made it work. But it did! Yay!