Can't delete - Stops Responding

I was copying a file over to the MyBook Live when my router reset on its own.  I’ve got everything back up and working, however it must have messed up the file during the process.  I can see it on the drive however when I try to do anything with it, everything stops responding.  I can open any other file on the drive without issue.

If I try to open it my cursor just spins forever and eventually stops responding.  So, I figured I would just delete the file and start over.  When I tell it to delete, I get a progress bar that slowly goes to about 3/4 of the way and then turns red and stops responding.  I have to use the taskmanager to close everything.

Any ideas how I can at least delete the file and start over?  I’m not getting any “in use by another program” error, just stops responding.

Any help is appreciated!

Shut down the MBL.

Shut down your computer.

Restart the MBL and wait for the LED to become GREEN (or Blue)

then restart your computer.

I have the same problem.  This was one of the first things I tried, but it doesn’t work for me.  THe only thing I have been able to do so far is rename the folder it was in.  I can then move that folder to a different location, rename it, and recreate a new one in the oiriginal location.  But I’m still out the 1GB for the file that’s “locked”