Can't connect to MyCloud Access

So I have had some trouble with this thing since I took it out of the box. I plugged it into my ethernet switch which is connected to my router. I know that works fine because I use 3 other devices on the same switch. I plugged the MyCloud into the wall, into the switch, and went to My Cloud but it wouldn’t find my device. I tried over and over to no avail. We have Xfinity internet so I went into the app on the phone for the Xfinity Gateway, which showed that MyCould PR2100 was connected, and I found the IP address. I typed that into the address bar of google chrome many many times, finally it worked once and allowed me to setup the device with my hard drives I bought, all the lights are showing blue and the lights in the ethernet port on the back are lit up green. I now have access to the dashboard. At one point, on my laptop, I was able to access the folders through the network drives, but something happened and now when I click the folders inside the drive, it closes my finder window and tells me the folder is no longer available. Very annoying. I’ve rebooted the device, I’ve restarted the internet, I’ve restarted my computer. It is only telling me that MyCloud access connection status is ‘failed’. At one point I configured the IP address to static, using the same IP I was connected with, but it wasn’t working. I’ve got DHCP for IPv4 now, and IPv6 is off. Same for my laptop except IPv6 is auto. I’ve got SSH on, I’ve got Remote Server on, I’ve got port forwarding on for remote backups and SSH, though I don’t know anything about that, I just did it because it told me to when I activated Remote Server. If I follow the email sent to me to access MyCloud over the web, which I have turned on, and I login, the next screen it takes me to is that I can’t connect to MyCloud PR2100, I already accepted the stuff it gave me for option 3 to fix the issue, now the only two options to fix the issue are to make sure it’s connected to the network or contact support. I don’t know if there’s settings on my computer I have to fix or settings for the MyCloud but this thing wasn’t cheap so I would really love for it to work.