Can't access wd my cloud dashboard/windows

there is no router?

after the 40second reset it will reset to DHCP and default name so I doubt if either of those are correct.

there is a defaul IP with no router but I don’t recall  it off hand. probably is in the manual. you will need to set your PC on the same subnet to access it.

except for data & shares the 40 second restore is like it is new out of the box

you can try ping default_name, I beleive the default name is wdmycloud but I am not sure

There was a router, however due to now on a course. I have just detached the router and plugged directly into me Laptop to have a play with.

Well when I ping its original name it replies but when I ping its default name it fails. It still appears in Network though as its original name.

Ahh fair one, just cant access it still. 

what is the origional and default name? to me this would be the same but apparently not

what is the IP address of your PC? what IP address is returned whyen you ping it?

how have you tried to access it with the “origional” name or the IP the ping returned?

Hello,

Original name was - GardnerTV

Default was - mybooklive

I changed the name to GardnerTV for easy of use with having two of them. I have done the 40sec reset and now the HHD is on its own directly into the laptop.

When I ping GardnerTV I get 169.254.69.122, I set my IP address t 169.254.69.120  when having a configure. However 169.254 is an interent IP address given from the PC so it shouldnt matter if I change mine?

In Network it returns with the original name GardnerTV. I have tried access it using Explorer with Name and IP using \169.254.69.122 or \GardnerTV , it comes up with windows cannot access. When I type it into Chrome or Firefox it comes up with blank screen and populates the bar with UI after.

disregard everything I said. you are in the wrong forum this is oonly for mycloud, not mybook

How has no one else noticed this till now! Do not worry and thank you for all your help :)!

Why is it that you said you had two WD My Clouds in your original post? 

Bill_S wrote:

Why is it that you said you had two WD My Clouds in your original post? 

Yes, please update your original post and subject line since I was about to request the moderators move this to the My Cloud forum because of the subject.

Hello Guys,

Apologies for the miss-understanding!

I currently have two WD My Book Live harddrives. I have no idea how I got confussed between the two. I can confirm they are both my book lives.

Tony, seen your other comment. Yeah after posting it all couple of hours later I got a PM saying topic has been moved.

Thanks