Can't access my cloud via the webrowser on my local network

I have a number of WD My Cloud units on my network, A 3Tb drive, a 4Tb drive and 1Tb mirror. I can access the 1 Tb mirror from my laptop by entering the appropriate IP address, and the 4Tb, but for some reason the 3Tb will not let me access the Admin screen and login.

In my local file explorer all three drives show up, but the 3Tb drive shows up as just a blank square, whereas the other two are displayed normally.

I can access all three via file manager, but clearly I can not do any admin work on the 3Tb drive as can not access it.

Any ideas?

Should I press the reset button, and if I do so will I loose all the data?

Thoughts please.

Do each device have its own name? The default name WDMYCLOUD.

I know, as I say, it shows up in my Windows File manager, and it actually shows up in the WD Quick View, but I can not logon to the drive via the Quick view, and if I type in the URL to the device in Explorer or Firefox, it can not be found, unlike my other two drives.

It seems totally illogical, unless there is a problem with the drive preventing me from accessing it. :frowning:

There is a program called wakeonlan at the link I’m providing. It will scan you network and tell you what devices it finds. This may help you in figuring out where your My Cloud devces are located.

Great thank you, could you include the link please. Many thanks. :slight_smile:

Sorry thought that I did include the link.

Hi, the software doesn’t find the drive.

I noticed that it was listed on my mobile app, but is shown as offline. This is puzzling. :slight_smile:

What are the ip addresses of you three My Clouds? Can you ping each one? Can you ssh into each one? If you reboot the one that does not work. Will wakeonlan now see it? How after a 40 second reset?

1 Like

Hi there. I have the same problem. I can see the device and I did ping it but it’s unreachable. I have no access to the dashboard also. The mac can see the device in the finder but it cannot connect.

BTW the device was working perfectly weeks ago. This was before I changed our router.

See my reply to your post in the other thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-visible-in-browser-but-not-as-mapped-drive/203861/6

I Have just tried a 40 second reset, and now the web browser hangs for around 2 to 3 minutes before reverting to a “web address can not be found” message.

The IP addresses are:
192.168.1.6 - not accessible
192.168.1.9 - Accessible
192.168.1.24 - Accessible

Other devices on the network all function no problem, just this one drive is giving me a headache.

The device pings no problem.