Can't access My Cloud Home - need help

My cloud home storage is showing up as offline for the past week or so. I am not sure what caused this and have done a power cycle on my router as well as cloud storage to no avail. I tried logging on to the mycloud home website and tried accessing it there and it still said offline. I thought if I could reconnect the storage by detaching from it and then reattaching again. However, after doing this, when I try to reattach the storage it keeps saying that it needs to do a factory reset on the drive which is unacceptable since it has all my files on it. Please help what do I do. We need to access those files.

Edit: OK was able to reattach to my cloud home, but it still keeps saying it is offline. Please help.

1 Like

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud Home: Disconnects from Network Every 15 Minutes

I tried this but still doesn’t work. I changed the ethernet cable and did a power reboot etc. Still showing up as offline. This happened suddenly without any changes to the network configuration.

I noticed that the ethernet lights are green but both the top and bottom are just steady. Is this all right?

I also disabled all parental controls on the router and removed any access control options as well. I also checked if the router is able to allocate any IP to the cloud storage but then I dont see the cloud storage on the list of devices connected to the router. I do see a device connected listed as unknown. Could this be it?