Can't access My Book World Edition (blue light rings)

My WD external HD is old but it was working just fine until they shut down MioNet. Access to this drive has always and only been via the internet using MioNet. WD tech informed me that the servers for MioNet are turned off and no longer viable. Now I cannot access my data! Is there an alternative to MioNet to access my data so I can move it to a new drive?

Same boat here

I did not use MioNet, but from a google search it appeared to be some sort of cloud service. There are lots of cloud services, have you checked into any of them?

Is there any way to get the data off the drives??? How can they do this to us??? I will NEVER buy another WD product again!!

I think it was MioNet that went belly up. so other drive manufacturers got snagged, too. I have no idea how to get the data off the drive, other than connecting drive to a computer and looking for them and copying them off. Better find a computer guru near you to help you do this.

Has anyone tried FileZilla to accesses the WD My Book World Edition to retrieve files since they shut down MioNet?

This KBA may resolve your issue

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=14200