Cant access folders

hello everyone,

the problem i have is that i cant access the folders where my films are kept to play through my wd media player,

it is connected to my windows 7 pc by a usb connection & also wireless. i have followed most of the instructions on here by adjusting my pc setting to homegroup & allow sharing on my media player & folders, i can see & play my photos & videos  that were in my pictures folder but putting a film in there it does not show up , at the moment anything that i want to play has to be put on a memory stick & played through the media player.

thanks

boggermon wrote:

it is connected to my windows 7 pc by a usb connection & also wireless.

Well, the USB certainly isn’t doing anything – The USB port on the WDTV is a HOST port, and so is your PC.  USB doesn’t allow HOST-to-HOST connections.

NO correct how-to instructs to turn on Homegroups – Homegroups are proprietary to Windows 7 & 8 ONLY.   The WDTV doesn’t support them.

hello . er ok.

thanks for the usb info i will take it out , but does anyone know why i cant access my folders & what i can do to see them , it must only be a setting  as i can see the pictures & videos on my computer that were loaded from my phone.

cheers