Can't Access Drive

I’ve a mybook world 2TO and it has become inaccessible !

I can’t see the share folders on my Mac, I can’t connect to the web interface either.

When I try to log to the network manager here’s what I get : 

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /DataVolume/_torrent_ (errno=5 - Input/output error) in /proto/SxM_webui/ctcs/ctcsconfig.inc on line 24

I’ve tried to plug the Mybookworld directly through Ethernet on the computer without going through the router, same thing. I’ve reseted it many time but I can’t get it to work…

I’ve emailed WD Support and they told me to try another router, which i did, same thing.

Other people seem to get the same error line while trying to log on to the network manager. I’ve got 2TO of data that I cannot access and therefore stuck with this drive that has suddenly stopped working.

My WD My Book 1.5 TB NAS has become inaccessible too.  It was working fine then all the sudden neither of my Windows 7 machines could access it.  All the lights look normal on the NAS and sounds like it’s running.

More and more people seem to get that error : 

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /DataVolume/_torrent_ (errno=5 - Input/output error) in /proto/SxM_webui/ctcs/ctcsconfig.inc on line 24

Come on WD, do something !

I’ve passed this thread along to be looked into.

Answer from the support : RMA, firmware could be corrupted

First I don’t want to loose the data on it (2 TO)

Second : from what i’ve experience the next one could do exactly the same thing and I will loose my data again

Very bad experience overall with this device to say the least…