Cannot submit RMA - why can't WD make an announcement?

Trying to add serial numbers to my account. Pretends to load, but they are not added to my list of products.

And trying to create an RMA with an existing serial number, just results in a long delay and then this broken page:

Imgur

Why does WD have an announcement forum, but can’t make an announcement that their RMA system is down?

System has been down since at least 3am when I first tried. It is now 9am. Still cannot submit an RMA order. 6+ hours down and counting is unreal for a company of this size! And so unprofessional that this “announcements and discussion” forum doesn’t have a word about it!

Hi @vemestsammarbo

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are looking into why you are receiving this error. I will let you know when we have more information to provide.

Same with me.

In United States

Imgur

Cannot get to next screen when I click CREATE AN RMA on a product already in my list.

Also cannot register new serial. It does not add to my list.

How does WD not know about this system failure for everyone?

This issue is not affecting all customers. We are now aware of the issue and will reply here on this thread when the issue is resolved.

Small correction - it looks like this is indeed affecting everyone currently. I apologize for the misinformation. We’ve added a notice to our support site until the problem is resolved.

@vemestsammarbo & @kdmonera

The issue is now resolved. Please try again and let us know if you experience any difficulties.

Thank you for the update. Everything works again.

1 Like

i had the same problem

@daver44 - This thread was about a specific issue 11 days ago. If you received a similar message, please try again and if you are still having trouble please contact support:

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en