Cannot save or load config

Having got my new ‘TestCloud’ 2TB drive configured, it’s time to save the config.

Unfortunately, both save and load config options are greyed out.

Now, I’m sure I’ve seen this before, and it was an easy fix, but I can’t remember. There’s nothing in the manual, posts or Answers I can find.

Any ideas?

Trying reboot. Taking a while to initialise…

d’oh! Haven’t disabled wdmc nonsense, so it’s probably indexing and thumbnailing 55k tracks…

Killed those tasks. Device now responding.

Still greyed out config controls…

I thought this new device setup had gone too smoothly…

Hmmm… Other device is the same. Checked my ‘operations log file’. No mention of saving config… But I do have .conf files for both devices.

On a hunch, I booted my wired Ethernet PC, and tried using Firefox.

No problem; both save and load config operations are available.

So, it looks like you need to be be accessing by wired connection, or not using Android (I tried chrome and Firefox).

This isn’t mentioned in the manual…

cpt_paranoia wrote:

So, it looks like you need to be be accessing by wired connection, or not using Android (I tried chrome and Firefox).

Its a Google Chrome problem on Android. The fix is to select the Menu on Android Chrome and tick the “Request desktop site”. After reloading the UI and logging back in both buttons (Save Config File and Import File) are active.

Both buttons are active in Chrome, Firefox and IE on a wifi Win 7 x64 laptop.

1 Like

Tried wired Ethernet with Android, both chrome and Firefox. No joy.

Tried your chrome desktop mode. No joy.  Aha! Has to be desktop _ site _ for the MyCloud UI page; I thought it was a global chrome setting (goes off to look for one…)

Tried Opera on Wii access. No joy.

Looks like it doesn’t like any of my three Android devices…

Well done, Bennor: good detective skills…

Desktop site works for Firefox, too.  Can’t find a global setting for the option in either browser, though.