Cannot play netflix tv shows

I recently purchased a WD TV Live and hooked it up to my Panasonic LCD HDTV using HDMI.  I upgraded the firmware on the WD TV to the latest version.  It is connected to my home network and I can access Netflix through the WD menu. When choosing a movie from Netflix, it plays fine on my TV.  I also tried to play a Netflix TV show (examples, Hawaii Five 0, Mission Impossible) and they would not play without the TV screen changing from moment to moment from the show to a garble of colors, this screen change happens about every half-second (I have a 5 second video of this).  Why can I play movies and not TV shows?  Are they in different formats?  How can this issue be fixed?  Has anyone else had this happen?  I’ve tried resetiing the WD but the problem remains.

I was incorrect in my original posting, I CANNOT watch Netflix movies.  I called Netflix and they went through several procedures including deactivating and reactivitaing my account but they did not see any problem.  They thought it could be a WDTVPLUS memory issue.  Also possible is a slow internet connection (mine is 1.5Mbps).  Is there a recommended speed requirement to access Netflix (and Blockbuster)? 

What model is your TV?

baffled wrote:

I was incorrect in my original posting, I CANNOT watch Netflix movies.  I called Netflix and they went through several procedures including deactivating and reactivitaing my account but they did not see any problem.  They thought it could be a WDTVPLUS memory issue.  Also possible is a slow internet connection (mine is 1.5Mbps).  Is there a recommended speed requirement to access Netflix (and Blockbuster)? 

From NetFlix’s FAQ:

" To watch movies instantly via your Netflix-ready device, we recommend a broadband connection providing at least 1.5 Mbps. The faster your connection, the better your picture quality will be."

If your internet speed is MAXIMUM of 1.5, you’re probably not going to be able to make it work.

I just connected my son’s WII to a second, smaller NON-HDTV and set it up wirelessly for Netflix access.  I can view Netflix movies and TV shows from that device even though it is wireless.  Shouldn’t the wired WD TV Live Plus be able to view those same movies?

No, since the Wii maxes out at 480 resolution.   The WDTV has much higher qualitiy streams available to it.

I just tried setting my WD Live Plus using Component and A/V directly into my TV inputs and could not get past the first WD menu screen (WD in a box) on either attempt (I reset the box on both attempts).  That first screen comes up and then nothing else  happens (waited 5 minutes).  I even tried connecting A/V to my auxiliary cable box inputs with the same result, the first WD menu and then nothing.  Only the HDMI connection boots to the full WD main menu.  I’m wondering if my WD Live Plus is faulty.     

Did you UNPLUG the HDMI?  If not, then the WD will always select HDMI output.

Yes, the HDMI was unplugged.  I am going to try and RMA this unit, no sense continuing with no solution in sight.

By the way, someone asked about my TV, it is a Panasonic LCD, model TC-26LX50.