Cannot Delete Cloud Share

I’m having trouble with removing a shared link. This used to be possible in OS3, but in OS5, I can’t for the life of me work out how to do it.

If I go to: My Cloud

it will list all the files shared by me.

when I click on the three dots,

It gives me options to Share / Download / Rename / Delete

When I choose Delete:

It says Delete Shared File. I don’t want to delete the shared file, I want to delete the link that was generated for it so that it can no longer be accessed.

How can I remove the link without deleting the file?! This feels like an outrageous oversight!! Again, I used to be able to unshare a file from this page in OS3 but cannot work out how to do it in OS5.

Hope someone can help. I don’t want my files deleted.

Hi @thommo,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi @Keerti_01,

No, I’ve not raised an issue with help desk. I previously raised an issue when I used this feature to delete share and it deleted my data. Since then, the prompt box has been updated to say delete shared file instead of delete share.

However, in OS3 (which I don’t have an active device that still runs this) you were always able to unshare things or delete the link.

This isn’t a support request as an individual… I believe this would be a core system function that’s missing. If you believe that it should work or it is there, please show me where the function is.

2 Likes