I have a network that is pretty simple.
- ATT DSL model/router.
- MyBook Live NAS attached by Ethernet to the router
- 2 identical Dell M2800 laptops running Windows 10 that connect to the network via wireless. Both are typically within 10 feet of the router.
Neither laptop is able to access the NAS 100% of the time, but one more often than not cannot access it. Usually, by restarting the laptop, NAS and router I can eventually get it working. But in a day or two, it’ll stop.
- I’ve checked that all belong to the same Workgroup
- I’ve run through this link and tried most of the suggestions there.
- I did not edit the hosts file, however.
- I have not turned on SMB1 and am unwilling to do so because of the security risks. Because it works with one laptop more often than not, it seems that (despite WD’s documentation) that it is not necessary.
I’d like to consistently be able to log into both laptops and have the public share of my NAS mapped automatically every time. Right now one works probably 90% of the time, the other maybe 30% of the time.
How can I fix this?