Cannot connect WD My Book World Edition II 4Tb on PC and Mac

Dear all,

I would appreciate it if you could help me with the following problems.

I have bought a WD My Book World Edition II 4Tb and connected it to my router, a Fritzbox 7170. I have connected it to a LAN-port. Until now I have not been able to see the WD My Book on my PC or on my MacBook Pro. I have tried the CD-rom software that was included, but that did not help either. 

Please help me!

Some additional information:

• PC with Windows XP (including all SP’s and updates)

• MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.8

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks!! I hope that you can help me.

Well, you should try connecting to the server ( mapping ) .

You can try this steps :

How to Map on Mac

1 Like

If you are on Firmware 1.02.10 then it’s because of that.  WD is working on a fix for the drive not conneting to the network.

MarkM68 wrote:

Dear all,

I would appreciate it if you could help me with the following problems.

I have bought a WD My Book World Edition II 4Tb and connected it to my router, a Fritzbox 7170. I have connected it to a LAN-port. Until now I have not been able to see the WD My Book on my PC or on my MacBook Pro. I have tried the CD-rom software that was included, but that did not help either. 

Please help me!

Some additional information:

• PC with Windows XP (including all SP’s and updates)
  • MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.8

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks!! I hope that you can help me.

1 Like

Thanks for your respons. I have tried it before and now I have tried it again. Unforntunately without result.

Dear monoskier,

I wouldn’t know whether I am on Firmware 1.02.10. I cannot connect to the netwerk (or to a PC/MAC) to check it. It is right out of the box.

Thanks for your repons!

What router are you using? 

Make sure the drive is getting an IP.  You can also try connecting the drive directly to the MAC.

If you’re able to connect that way then must likely is a problem with the configuration you have on the router.

1 Like

I am using a Fritzbox 7170 router. On the browser interface of that router I cannot even see that the WD is connected to a LAN-port. Nor can I find is when I directly connect it to the MAC. Something seriously wrong with it. I have decided to return it and buy a HDD of another make.

Thanks for your efforts!