Cannot connect to network shares on new Windows Server 2012 Essentials machine

Hello,

I have installed a new server (Windows Server 2012 Essentials) on which to host my media (previous Windows Home Server v1).

I have a WDTV Live which worked fine in finding the network share and streaming from it.

For some reason I cannot get the WDTV live to find the new server.

The new server is also a domain controller. I therefore changed the workgroup in WDTV  Live from “WORKGROUP” to “HOLONET” and “HOLONET.LOCAL”, but it cannot find either of them.

I’ve also turned off my old WHS because I read in a thread here it could interfere because it is the master browser (nbtstat -a listed …__MSBROWSE__. under it). Hopefully just turning it off was enough there.

I’ve pinged the WDTV Live from my server and it replies, so network wise everything is ok.

Device Info: 1.12.14, latest firmware

I’ve tried rebooting after changing the setting but no help.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks,

Jorn

Hi,

that sever might not be fully compatible with the media player it might be due to the domain controller.

Are you able to test the unit on a different system?

Hello,

In the meantime I managed to get it working (just 1 test), will do some additional tests over the next week or so.

Thanks,

Jorn

Hi,

I have the same issue i.e Moved from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows Server Essentials 2012.

How did you solve it?

I am also having the same issue.  Does anyone know how to preperly setup a Windows 2012 Essentials Server to allow the WD live to access its file shares?