"Cannot allocate memory" failure when mounting file shares from WD My Book to WD Live player

Hello all! I have a recent issue that i just cannot figure out. I just reinstalled my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) and now I cannot mount shares into the WD Live from the MY Book drives. I can mount shares just fine from the internal drives in the box. I get this error message in SSH when I try to mount the shares onto the USB flash drive on the WD Live. I am using B-Rad’s latest firmware on the player. Here is an example of the failure code:

# xmount "//192.168.0.195/Films" "Films" cifs
mount: mounting \\192.168.0.195\Films on /tmp/media/usb/Films failed: Cannot allocate memory
xmount: xmount //192.168.0.195/Films Films cifs user=guest,iocharset=utf8,ro FAILED **bleep**?!?
#

Again, I have no problems whatsoever with mounting files from the internal hard drives on my computer. This is only happening with the 2 my book drives connected through usb. All of my share permissions are set up the same,  so i know that is not the issue. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

Thanks!

You might want to ask B-RAD.

Besides, this is the wrong forum for your box anyway; this forum is for the Live Streaming Media Player, not the Live HD.

davron84, as Tony stated, you need to ask this question in the Brad forum, this forum is for the official firmware.

Even WD does not seems to mind that people use this firmware, I really doubt that  you will get a response here.

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Net.mounts

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Besides, this is the wrong forum for your box anyway; this forum is for the Live Streaming Media Player, not the Live HD.

Actually, it IS the Live & Live Plus forum :slight_smile:

Cocovanna

Cocovanna wrote:

Actually, it IS the Live & Live Plus forum :slight_smile:

That’s because the moderators moved the post without adding a comment!  :smileyvery-happy:

For people who don’t know - the project is called WDLXTV; b-rad is the principle developer.  WDLXTV contains identical firmware revisions as WDTV Live and suffers from the same video firmware issues as WD official. The only difference between WD official and WDLXTV is a web back end and a few user enhancements.