Cannot access dashbord after losing power

I have a My Cloud 4TB. Lost all power in neighborhood this morning. All power is now back. I can connect to MYCloud and the internet but not to the Dashboard. Light is blue, but when I try to click on dash board, it tries to connect and comes up with message 'this page cannot be displayed. Please Help!!!

It is possible that when power was restored the WD My Cloud obtained a different IP address. Which would cause a similar error message. If the WD My Cloud shows up on the local network then one can try to access the WD My Cloud via a web browser via the unit’s name, for example http://wdmycloud. If that is unsuccessful, one can try using the new IP address for the WD My Cloud, if you know the new IP address for the unit.

It is generally recommended that one configure the WD My Cloud for a Static IP. See the following support article that details how to configure a static IP.

How to configure a WD My Cloud or WD My Cloud EX4 drive with a Static IP

1 Like

Thanks, I was able to get access the dashboard using the wdmycloud web browser. I see it now has a different IP address. Will this happen every time there is a power outage? Thanks

iceref wrote:

I see it now has a different IP address. Will this happen every time there is a power outage?

Will it happen every time you have a power outage? Probably, since it happened this time. Its why, as indicated in my previous post, it is recommended to set a Static IP on the WD My Cloud. With a static IP the IP address for the WD My Cloud will not change if you loose power. The WD My Cloud will always use the same IP address. As previously indicated, see the following link for general directions on configuring the WD My Cloud for a static IP.

How to configure a WD My Cloud or WD My Cloud EX4 drive with a Static IP

Or one can review the  WD My Cloud User Manual for more information on how to configure the WD My Cloud for a Static IP. See “Changing Network Mode from DHCP to Static” under “Network Services” under Chapter 10 in the WD My Cloud User Manual.

1 Like

Thank you, I will attempt to change over to a static ip address. Always a big help!