Can’t find my passport in file explorer

Hi
I have a my passport ultra external hard drive. I haven’t used it for about six month, i came to use it the other day but my brand new computer doesn’t have it as a file location to select to store photos. Etc.

It is showing as a device and when I complete the trouble shoot it doesn’t come back with any issues. Please help! I have 1000’s of pics of my family that I put on there as a safer option then keeping on my old laptop.
Many Thanks
Mel

Hi,

First, I assume you deleted the photos from your old laptop. Maybe you needed the space, but it seems to me ‘safer’ would be keep in both places.

You probably can’t find the Passport on the computer because you set it up on the old one.

Did you try to connect the Passport to the old laptop? I would expect that you could restore the photos back on the old laptop. If so, then you need to copy them to the new computer.

Do you know how to setup a network with both computers? Then you could copy (not move) your photos to the new computer. Then set up the Passport to work with the new computer and keep the photos in both places. You may need a WiFi to setup the network.

If you don’t feel sure about using a network, I’m sure you could find someone qualified to do that for you.

I hope this helps you,
Cliff