Can I hide folder.jpg?

I have all my media in seperate folders like this:

Movies  |  Family | Toy Story | toystory.mpg

So in each movie folder there is a movie file and a folder.jpg image to show in thumbnail view.  But when i open the Toy Story folder on my WDTV is shows both files and not just the video file.  Is there a way around this?

Welcome to the Community.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

So with that answer i assume this is a bug?

gillweb wrote:

So in each movie folder there is a movie file and a folder.jpg image to show in thumbnail view.  But when i open the Toy Story folder on my WDTV is shows both files and not just the video file.  Is there a way around this?

What do you mean it shows both files?  Are they named the same?  Or are you seeing folder.jpg also? 

As for it being a bug, if it’s only happening with the Toy Story folder, it is most likely something having to do with the file. 

No it’s showing both files in all folders, toy story was just an example. All thumbnails are named folder.jpg and the movies are named via movie title. So when I go into the folder for toy story it shows 2 files, toy story.mpg & folder.jpg

Let me look into this and I’ll get back to you, tomorrow.

If you looking at your media folders through the Video tab, then you should only be seeing your movies.  However, if you’re looking at you media folders through the Files tab, then you will see everthing. 

I am looking through the Video’s tab which is the reason i find this strange

The WDTV provides the capability of taking screen shots of the UI and store them on a USB disk.

Please take some screenshots of this behavior and post them.

have you tried renaming the jpg to exactly what the movie file calls?

eg.

toystory.mpg

toystory.jpg

i don’t own this device but it helped on my wdtv live hub.

gillweb wrote:

another idea: you’re navigating into the folder to play the movie by pressing ok/enter? why not press play when you are on the folder?

than folder.jpgs shouldn’t disturb? :smiley:

1 Like

Didn’t know you could do that! Thank you!