Can I clone my PiDrive for a duplicate system?

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to clone the contents of my PiDrive so I can duplicate my setup on a second raspberry pi? I have literally spent weeks getting my first system setup the way I want it and I don’t want to duplicate that effort again when I go to make duplicate systems for friends/family. The sd-card contains Berry Boot only, and all other software is loaded onto the PiDrive. I have 4 operating systems on the PiDrive currently - Raspbian, OSMC, Rasplex, and Retropie. I assume I would need to make a complete image of the PiDrive, but I don’t know how to go about that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, yes you can clone both sdcard and PiDrive. This is how I do it:

SDcard: use Win32DiskImager (Win32 Disk Imager download | SourceForge.net)
Launch Win32DiskImager with SDcard in PC. Confirm that the Device is the sdcard (e.g. D:). Click the folder icon and navigate to a folder on the PC where you want the SDcard image to be stored. Enter a file name with extension .img, and click “Open”. Click “Read” and the sdcard image will be read and saved to the file you designated. Exit and safe-eject the master sdcard. Now create the clone: insert a new or freshly formatted sdcard of same or larger size into the PC. If re-using an sdcard, reformat it using SDFormatter (SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association) with Options “Full overwrite” and “Resize” enabled. Launch Win32DiskImager and confirm that the Device is the sdcard (make sure not to overwrite some other device!). Click the folder icon and navigate to the image file you created above. Click “Open”. Click “Write”, “Yes” and the clone will be created.

HDD: I recommend Macrium Reflect (Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free Trial).
Connect both the master drive and clone target (of equal or larger capacity) to a PC with Macrium Reflect installed. Click the master drive and click “Clone this disk” (click hypertext located just below the highlighted drive). Click “Select a disk to clone to…”. Select the clone target disk. Be VERY careful not to select your PC’s system disk or another storage device! Click “Next”, “Next”, “Finish”. Un-check the check-boxed “Save backup and schedules…”. Click “OK”. The clone will be created. Safely eject both master and clone drives.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for you help on this! I haven’t attempted it yet, but I’ll give it a go next week when my friend gets his pi drive and raspberry pi.

Hey, no prob! When you try it, let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the process worked flawlessly! Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.