Can I access other online content apart from Youtube, Netflix, etc?

Hi,

I would like to know if I can access other online content like Cuevana or other online movie streaming sites?

Regards,

Chulens.

Nope, not “natively.”  You might be able to use something like PlayOn on your PC to stream it to your WD, though…

Media server software will do the job. You may not be able to go right to the site you mentioned BUT scripts are written for most all of the programs. They are sorta like apps for your cell phone. Here is a list of some of the names of the media servers I can think of right off the top of my head:

PlayOn - 1st because *I* like it the best

Tversity

PS3 Media Server - Will work with the WD hardware and of course your PS3 and it’s FREE

Twonky

UnReal Media Server

Nero Media Home Software

Wild Media Server

I have tried several of these but not ALL of them. PlayOn seems the most stable and is updated frequently. There are also forums available for it and scripts can be written with an online script maker. You can also make requests for scripts on the forums. I feel quite sure someone could make a script to get you to the site you mentioned in your post. There are scads of scripts for movie sites so you may not even care about it once you have seen what is available.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

Could someone please confirm you can stream content from this site  www.vipbox.tv  using a WD TV and playon.tv

I love the F1 and am sick of watching it on my laptop

Thanks

Tony

There are several scripts available for PlayOn that feed live TV streams. Here are their names:

scrIPTV.lua

TV Channels Live.lua

TV Channelpack.lua

See TV.lua

LiveTVCafe.lua

I’m sure there are more. You can download a full working demo of Playon and use it for 2 weeks. I would suggest you join their forums at http://www.playonplugins.com/ This is a user based forum like the WD Community forums not an offical PlayOn forum, tho there is one. Most of the people writing .lua scripts for PlayOn are here and there is a section there for requesting a script be written for a particular site. If it can be done for vipbox.tv I’m pretty sure someone will take it on. It looks like a great site. I may make the suggestion myself when I get there this morning!

Edit: Oh yeah, here is a link to a pretty complete list of  scripts for PlayOn: http://www.playonscripts.com/ .

Hi  hemi

Thanks for the reply. Its a great site if you love sport friendly helpful mods too.  I was going to buy a WD TV just to get the F1 to the big screen but i read it doesn’t do flash very well. I will put throe a request at playon thou

I am a bit confused with this whole media streaming and i have a reasonable understanding of a PC. 

I downloaded one of the sport apps from playon to try on my laptop but am now unable to open it

cheers

tony

ton69 wrote:

Hi  hemi

Thanks for the reply. Its a great site if you love sport friendly helpful mods too.  I was going to buy a WD TV just to get the F1 to the big screen but i read it doesn’t do flash very well. I will put throe a request at playon thou

I am a bit confused with this whole media streaming and i have a reasonable understanding of a PC. 

I downloaded one of the sport apps from playon to try on my laptop but am now unable to open it

cheers

tony

I am assuming you have installed PlayOn. Once you have downloaded the app, locate the app on your PC and just double click the .lua file and it should pop up a window to install it in PlayOn. Then stop PlayOn and start it again for it to pick up the new plugin/app. Navigate to Media Servers on the WD Live, find PlayOn and select the plugin/app you want to view. If you want to look at/edit the code of a .lua file you can open it using Windoz Notepad.

I added a request on a couple different forums for PlayOn script requests. We’ll see if anyone writes it!