Can a WDA4NC80000 handle 1 TB disks?

Greetings. I have a ShareSpace WDA4NC40000 that has performed flawlessly for many years. This model has 4 x 1 TB disks. Last week I was working on the electrical panel, and power was cut off to the unit and restored likely too quickly. I can now see that the 4 discs themselves read “good”, yet I can’t access them. From reading about this condition, it appears that the chassis itself is wrecked.

There is a WDA4NC80000 unit for sale here. This model comes shipped with 4 x 2 TB disks. Could I purchase the WDA4NC80000 and install my 4 x 1 TB disks and boot it up successfully, or does it require the 2TB disks?

Secondly, assuming the 1 TB disks will work, I had the WDA4NC40000 configured for RAID5. Do I need to do anything else to the WDA4NC80000 before booting it up after installing my disks?

Yes, you can use 4 x 1 TB disks in 8TB ShareSpace drive. But as ShareSpace may not support RAID Roaming feature so data can’t be restore after placing the drives in new ShareSpace enclosure.

Thank you very much for your kind answer. For completeness, is the WDA4NC20000 also the same chassis, just with 0.5 TB disks?

I don’t quite understand the second part of your answer. You say that it “may” not support roaming, does that mean that it “might not” work to install the working disks? Or did you mean that it “does not” support roaming so therefore “can’t” restore the data? Sorry for my confusion, but would you still try this rather than trying to retrieve the data by recreating the RAID5 environment in some other fashion?