Bug with the resolution change

After setting up my WDTV Live, I tried setting the resolution to Component 1080i 60Hz. But after selecting a resolution, the software ask if you really want to change your resolution. It’s weird because the buttons are always ‘Cancel’ and ‘OK’ instead of ‘Yes’ and ‘No’, but this isn’t a real problem. At this prompt, just to be sure I wasn’t doing something wrong, I clicked ‘Cancel’ to recheck my resolution. The problem occurs right after clicking ‘Cancel’, which means ‘No’. The screen goes blank and my TV shows an error ‘Mode not supported’. My selection was 1080i 60z… After resetting the device and using the composite video signal to get back to the resolution menu, I’ve done exactly the same thing, setting it to 1080i @ 60hz, but this time, clicking ‘OK’ instead of ‘Cancel’ at the confirmation prompt. Tadaa! Everything was fine! So there’s really a problem with the ‘Cancel’ in the confirmation. If pressing ‘Cancel’ the system must get back to the menu without changing the configuration. Maybe using ‘yes’ and ‘no’ buttons in popup prompts is a good idea too ;).

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Bill_S wrote:

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Sounds like a bug to me.

For the ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ buttons, it’s just a ‘By the way…’. The real bug is with the resolution change when the user clicks ‘Cancel’. A system must never apply a setting at the click of a ‘Cancel’ button. And in my case, the applied setting wasn’t the one I’ve selected. So there’s maybe two problems with this resolution menu.

I know I said it sounds like an idea, but I would put something that seems like a bug in there, also.  That way the product people can see it, and respond.  I’ve noticed others doing the same, and things are getting looked at.

Just a thought.

If that’s the case, then you really should have ‘Bugs’ area. In my opinion, they should get much higher priority than adding new features and right now, I could see them easily getting lost in the cracks. I’ll let you know how you’re current process is working for getting all of the bugs fixed when you release your next Gen2 firmware.