BUG: Resume not working after power off

If you power off HUB completely, restore points of watched videos are “forgotten”. They are present just if HUB is on standby.

I own also Xtreamer, and there are restore points saved in flash memory, so it doesn’t matter if you disconnect it from mains - they are always there. I suggest you do same for HUB.

Fw is: 2.02.19

Not true… Restore points are saved to disk, and they are not forgotten on shutdown. I just tested with five different file types and it works fine…

1 Like

So I guess, I had bad luck. My restore points were GONE as soon as I took HUB off power.

I already returned HUB back to seller - I will stick to Xtreamer, much better support and functions …

My sincerest appologies.

You are absolutely right.  I unplugged my Hub today and all my partially watched ICONs are gone.

HOWEVER, the RESUME data is still there.   Even though it’s not MARKED as “partially watched,” when you select it, it does ask if you want to resume.

Has someone come across a solution to this Problem? Now i have to choose between a HDD that runs 24/7 or it does not autoresume my files. I think i will return the product if there is no solution.

mascara wrote:

Has someone come across a solution to this Problem? Now i have to choose between a HDD that runs 24/7 or it does not autoresume my files. I think i will return the product if there is no solution.

I don’t think you read the thread, did you?   As I indicated, I have not recently come across an issue where resume data is tossed after a shutdown… and I’ve been rebooting my box several times a day over the last week.

Actually i read the thread. And after I played a little more with the Hub, i found out what the problem is.

When the Media library is turned off, resume markers are not stored.

So that means i must use the media library function. Not a nice solution, but at least i can now power down the HDD.

Is this  on any particular media type?   There was a bug reported a while back that Resume Data (for DVD Only) doesn’t work with Media Library off…  

All other media types should work, though…  Is that not the ase?

I tried that with several Xvid and MKV (h.264 œ 1080p) files.

Have not tried it with DVD ISOs yet, but mainly because i don’t use them.