Bug : first song not randomized

Hi,

In “music” mode, when playing a folder or playlist with shuffle mode ON, the first song played by WD HD TV Live is always the first song in list or folder. User needs to skip to next song in order to get a truly random song. First played song should be randomized !

rad

1 Like

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request.

I respectfully disagree.  The same thing happens when I am in the randomize mode.  As random is already turned on when I play the first song, I would expect the first song to be random.  IMHO, this is a bug.

No doubt it is a bug but if somebody does not put it in the ideas section then it will never be remembered.

No doubt it is a bug but if somebody does not put it in the ideas section then it will never be remembered.

Done.

Radenim wrote:

Hi,

In “music” mode, when playing a folder or playlist with shuffle mode ON, the first song played by WD HD TV Live is always the first song in list or folder. User needs to skip to next song in order to get a truly random song. First played song should be randomized !

rad

Yeah, this is a general bug with their randomization routine, the same thing happens when you are showing random pictures - it always starts with the same picture.

Just bought the Plus yesterday as an upgrade to my trusty DSM-520.

I noticed the issue you described.  This was a problem with the DSM-320 and D-Link addressed it with the -520.  Disappointed to see I have to wait for history to repeat itself.

However, I do have a workaround.  I’m going to record a 1-2 second silent mp3 and title it “#0”.  That way when I am in shuffle mode and hit play on the All Music folder, it will only take a second or two to “play” the fake song before going to the first random selection.

I guess you could do that with photos too, making a title slide or something.   Just a suggestion.

1 Like

horizons:  That’s a nice, simple, elegant solution!  Thx!

Glad to help Tony.  I made the 2-second silent track and it works great.  I always hit PLAY from the “All” folder list option and I don’t really even notice the lag before the first random track starts up.