Broken (missing) port on old WD External hard drive

Hello! I have a 2010 WD Caviar Green external hard drive. Model: WD10EADS - 11M2B2.
The port broke and is now lost. I have removed the casing and I’m wondering what my best solution is to access the data on the drive. Is it possible to get new housing or a new port? I’m not an expert at electronics but feel confident I could solder a new port on if I could find one (I’ve been hoping to find the one that broke) I’m not sure where to source this. I’m open to any solutions. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

we would recommend you contact our 3rd party data recvovery partners to get the data recovered from the drive. (Data Recovery Service Providers)

So i assume it’s the External Enclosure’s USB connector that’s broken and not the actual Hard Drive ?

If so, the 3.5 Hard Drive uses a Standard SATA Connector … and yes you can 3rd Party USB External Enclosures for use with the drive … or simply connect it to any Desktop PC via SATA Cable + Power.

If you want to buy a USB Enclosure … they are sold pretty much everywhere (Computer Stores, Ebay, Amazon etc) for around $20 ~ $30

Vs

3rd Party Data Recovery which will cost you $200 ~ $300 or more !