Bought 6TB mycloud: Available space on explorer:75 gb?

Hi I bought two 6TB space harddrives and installed it and ready to operate. 
However opening up the harddrives, I tried to copy the files over to the mycloud but was stopped after 65 GB. In an attempt to upload at least 20 gb more, it said that the available space is only 6GB, out of a total of 75.

What should I do to fix this? thanks

chibitony wrote:

Hi I bought two 6TB space harddrives and installed it and ready to operate. 

You bought two 6TB My Clouds?

Are they both doing the same thing?

I double checked it now… Funny thing is that when I open it on explorer, both act as if it was only one drive with 75 GB total place with only 6  GB free…

By the way, I was not doing anything but connecting it on. I’m using a laptop on a wifi internet remotely. Meaning on internet away from where the my clouds are connected to

chibitony wrote:

By the way, I was not doing anything but connecting it on. I’m using a laptop on a wifi internet remotely. Meaning on internet away from where the my clouds are connected to

It is a bit confusing on your setup. First you indicated you bought two separate 6TB My Cloud units. Are they BOTH located on the same network? If yes, did you change the name of at least one of them so there isn’t a naming conflict with the name “wdmycloud”? If there are two devices with teh exact same name on the same local network there may be issues with certain devices trying to connect to one or both of the devices which have the same name.

Next you indicate you are transferring/copying data over the INTERNET remotely. this indicates your not on the same local network as the WD My Cloud. It is generally recommended if transferring a large amount of files to connect the computer via Ethernet cable/wire to the same router the WD My Cloud is connected too. Transferring large amounts of data not only over WiFi but then over the Internet may introduce elements (including broadband provider’s up and download speeds and data caps) that may cause the file copy to fail.

chibitony wrote:

There’s your answer.  If you’re using WD2go.com to connect to them, that’s how Windows will calculate the remaining space… it’s the size and space of your C drive.

That’s a specific Windows-only limitation.

Only other choice is to use the My Cloud Desktop app instead of using WD 2go.