I have a ThinkPad P53 and when I build the workstation on Lenovo website early this year, a pick just a 512Gb SSD PCIe has storage. However, now I need more storage and i know that my ThinkPad got 3 NVMe slot for internal SSD, but one is already taken by the original Lenovo storage that I pick when I was building my workstation on Lenovo website.
I choose for my second NVMe slot a WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD of 1Tb (WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0).
My build (20QNCTO1WW):
● 9th Gen Intel Core™ i7-9850H with vPro™ (2.60GHz, up to 4.60GHz, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
● Windows 10 Pro 64 English
● 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
● 512GB SSD PCIe
● 15.6" UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) IPS, anti-glare with Dolby Vision™ HDR 400, 500 nits
● NVIDIA Quadro RTX3000 6GB
● X-Rite Pantone Factory Colour Calibration
● Enabled Discrete TPM2.0
● Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 5.0
● USB-C to DP
What i do:
- I begin by going in the Control Panel in the “ Power Option ” I turn off the “ fast start-up ” in the “ Shut-down setting ”.
- I restart the workstation and goes in the “ BIOS Setup Utility ” than I go in “ Config - Power -Disable Built-in Battery ”.
- I start the procedure to put the second SSD like describe in the “ P53 – User Guide, section M.2 solid-state drive and thermal pad (for models with three M.2 solidstate-drive slots) ”.
- I plug the alimentation power cable and then restart my workstation.
When its starting to boot the P53 is unable to start properly. The Lenovo logo show up in the loading screen and nothing happen after this. The P53 froze don’t go any further than this, no matter how much time I wait and i can’t reach in the “ Startup Interrupt Menu ”.
- Try to put it in the NVMe slot number 3
- Try to put my first (original SSD) has the first thing to boot in the “ BIOS Setup Utility “.
- After multiple restart attempt, I decide to remove the additional SSD and then everything work has usual like before.
***I already got the latest BIOS and every latest update possible of the P53 is done.
What is the problem?