Blue LED Burn't out...SSH to change to green?

Did you follow the steps in the directions for MacOS in the links provided above? Particularly step three and beyond?

In order to connect to the My Cloud you need to log into it with SSH using the My Cloud’s IP address. If you do not know the IP address of the My Cloud then access your local network router’s administration page to find what IP address the router’s DHCP handed out to the My Cloud. For example if the My Cloud’s IP address is 192.168.1.10 then you would log into the My Cloud via SSH by issuing ssh root@192.168.1.10 (v4.x firmware) or sshd@192.168.1.10 (v2.x firmware) in the Mac OS Terminal window. Then enter the SSH password. Once connected then one can issue the various commands to change the LED color.

Using SSH requires some knowledge of how to use the terminal window and how to issue Linux commands. If you don’t know howto do so there are plenty of instructions and how-to guides to learn from. One can use their favorite internet search engine to find various blog posts and videos on how to use Mac OS Terminal and how to access a device using SSH.

Hi, thanks for the reponse.
Now I make all the steeps and led is green.
Thank you so much.
Regards,
Paulo

Hi Bennor, now, to enter in mycloud the password (registered user) is wrong. How can I know the password?Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 08.30.31

Access the My Cloud Dashboard to see the list of users that have been configured to access the My Cloud. One can see/change My Cloud user passwords through the My Cloud Dashboard as well.

One generally does not use the login information one uses to log into their computer. Instead one uses th euser name and password created through the My Cloud Dashboard. If you haven’t done so already you should read through the My Cloud User Manual to gain an understanding of the device’s features/options and how to use them.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/126

If one forgot their password to access the My Cloud Dashboard one can perform a 4 second reset using the reset button on the back of the My Cloud device. See the following knowledgebase article for more informaton.

Wow… im like several years late. Yes, I do have the blue burnt as well.
so,. I managed to SSH and tried this one
nano /usr/local/sbin/ledConfig.sh
but i dont see anything there
It’s like the file is empty and I don’t have anywhere to replace the blue word…

any idea how can i do the blue thing?

I tried the
~/.bashrc
then adding echo green > /sys/class/leds/system_led/color at the end of the file, exit and saved…but still led if off

edit few minutes later:

Rebooted, then now i have a greenish white led on for a while… but now is off again

My device is Gen1 4TB MyCloud
WDBCTL0040HWT-00
Firmware is v04.05.00-342

What specific My Cloud device do you have? If a single bay/single drive My Cloud, which version (gen 1 or gen 2) do you have? Note one of the earlier posts that indicates the 2nd Gen single bay My Cloud may not use the same file as the first gen to control the front LED colors.

Edit to add: The ledConfig.sh file is present on my first gen single bay My Cloud.

PuttyFirstGen

The reason you don’t see anything is because you didn’t use the correct file name with correct upper case letter(s). You used “/usr/local/sbin/ledconfig.sh” (per your blank screen capture), when it should be “/usr/local/sbin/ledConfig.sh”

wow… i was clueless about lower/upper case on file names via prompt in SSH (is it the same for DOS?)

The My Cloud system is Linux based not DOS based. The Linux file system is case sensitive.

1 Like

effectively adjusted the letter case and solved the issue with the blue led (now it’s green).

Now i’ll read other posts in the forum to figure out the dashboard or even the mapped drive not working (not being able to access my files from a long while)

Thx Bennor