Blinking yellow light with disk activity

So, woke up this morning to find none of my devices around the house could see my NAS. Tried to go to the webpage with no joy. Tried to ping the device to get a ‘host unreachable’ response.

I’ve tried a soft and hard reset. It boots up and after 20 seconds or so, starts flashing the yellow light, with or without network cable plugged in.

There is a lot of disk activity and with the network cable plugged in, we have NIC light activity as expected.

As far as I’m aware, there have been no changes overnight.

I have the device set with a static IP which has been fine for weeks.

It is using v3.x firmware with automatic updates turned off so it can’t have tried to install new firmware.

Do I leave it to see if the disk activity stops? Could it be reindexing everything after a power cycle? Or is the device goosed?

I’ve had a look around the forums and see no definitive situation or solution posited, so I’m hoping someone can shed some light on a) what might have caused this to happen and b) what can be done to fix. It is only 9 months old so still under warranty and I have no intention of fiddling around to resolve it. If it’s knackered, I’ll get it swapped.

If anyone needs any more information for diagnosis, please ask and I’ll provide if possible.

Make sure all your devices are on then unplug or shut down your router. Wait 45 seconds to a minute and plug it back in or turn it on and see what happens.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

For some inexplicable reason, the NAs had acquired a new IP address, which is why I was failing to get access. Reset worked this time, re-set with new static IP and reconfigured and all seems well.

Very odd but thanks for the input.